2017's ABdFC National Specialty is right around the corner! That includes the auctions: a live auction and silent auction. This year's auction committee is chaired by Judy Sherwood (in Minnesota), and supported by an experienced team of long-term, dedicated Bouvier fans throughout the country.
If you're doing spring cleaning, think about re-purposing items - vintage or gently used. Maybe it's time to let go of a few beloved treasures and share them with others, while benefiting ABdFC.
We'll feature items at the bottom of this page and the ABdFC FaceBook page, adding new things as they become available.
Auction items are needed! Handcrafted, one-of-a-kind, featuring our beloved Bouviers are always popular.
- All things Bouvier - wearable art, wall art, drawings, paintings, castings, glassware, etc.
- All things dog-related: a cart, perhaps? Baskets of toys, treats, harnesses, collars, leashes, you name it! Large and small, all donations are welcome.
- Handler items: Jackets, vests, sweaters, jewelry -- don't forget jewelry and accessories! Always sought after, and easy to transport!
For those in Southern California, think about local resources for donations: perhaps a wine basket from a local winery, dinner at a favorite nearby restaurant, a family entertainment venue! Be creative!
Ready to Send Your Donation?
Information to Promote Your Donation
We'd like you to send a photo(s), description, and approximate value to the Auction Chair, Judy Sherwood:
- Send a printout with the item
- Or if your bringing the item with you, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judy Sherwood at 1885 Prairie Drive, Centerville, MN 55038
- Angie Motta at PO Box 29134, Phelan, CA 92329 or 7275 Maricopa Road, Phelan, CA 92371
- Bring directly to the specialty with you
We'd love if you could send us your items by Sept. 1, 2017. If you need to make other arrangements, please send an e-mail to Just at email@example.com
Thanks to everyone for making the auctions a roaring success: we can't do this without you. All proceeds support the Bouvier National Specialty.
Look what we'll have up for auction this year on Tues, Sept 26th. Select an image to see a larger version.
Book: The Dog of Flandres
We will have three copies of The Dog of Flanders at the auction. Buy one. Buy two. Or buy all three. Maybe someday we will see a copy on Antiques Roadshow and you will be sorry you passed this up!
Clothing: Denim Skirt
Wear it - frame it - gift it!
This Bouvier (Cody) requires no training, and he's ready to go wherever you go! Denim skirt, size 6P. Hand painted, hand washable.
Vacation: 1 Week in Mazatlan
Attention all vaction lovers...Beginning August 15th you will have the opportunity to bid on a one week stay in Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. The resort is a gated 5 star community on the Pacific Ocean. The luxury accommodation sleeps six. Check out http://www.pueblobonitoemeraldbay.com to fully understand what we are offering.
Estimated retail value: $2800.00
Minimum bid: $825.00
Get out of your winter doldrum... not to mention the cold! Your vacation takes place any time between mid-January and mid-April 2018 if you are the lucky bidder.
Learn more and bid now at https://www.32auctions.com/bouvier!
Art: Bouvier Watercolor
Carol Ratafia has painted and shown her work for more than 40 years. Her work has been presented at the NY Art Expo, Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York; the Arabian Horse Association’s US National Horse Show; the Equitana (in Germany and the US) and many other shows across the country. Her watercolor works of art featuring beloved breeds of dogs are iconic in the canine community.
Carol's prints can be found in her Etsy shop, and custom commissions are available: https://www.etsy.com/people/ratafia
Accessories: Bouvier Keychain
Clip a Bouvier to your favorite handbag, belt, or keychain. Take a Bouv w/you wherever you go!
WIN Cart - Mid-Size with Red Slats
A gorgeous, custom crafted Wilczek Woodworks cart includes a gift certificate for a Siwash Carting Harness in your choice of color and size. The perfect cart for all of your drafting needs! Sleek enough for easy maneuvering with a single dog, and if a brace team is in your future Wilczek Woodworks has brace upgrades available that fit this cart! Adjustable axle height and shaft width will ensure a perfect fit on your Bouvier of any size.
- 21"W x 23"L (cart pictured is small version)
- Weight = 34 lbs
- 20" Black Fiberglass Wheelsli>
- Solid Eastern Hardwood sides and slats
- Baltic Birch plywood bottom
- 4-section, removable, painted slats
- Pneumatic tires
- Black fiberglass wheels
- Heavy duty 5/8" stainless steel axle
- 3-position axle height
- Adjustable width black powder coated aluminum shafts
- Shafts and wheels easily removed
- Wood tree
- Exterior finish